Hickory MAKickers

squirtthecat

This wasn't planned for tonight, but severe weather is in the forecast for tomorrow...

Just some chicken legs for MrsSTC's class and the Kindergarten class. Their Easter break starts Thursday afternoon, so she is bringing in smoked chicken legs, a veggie tray, and a light dessert. (note to self, buy another package of legs tomorrow)

15 pounds to start with..

Butter Pam and Jan's rub. Nice and simple.

20110418180946.jpg

20110418180940.jpg

We've got some rain coming tonight, so I put the various electronics underneath on the bottom shelf.

20110418181003.jpg

Running at 250° for an hour. Might bump it to 300° to finish.

--

Man, this is some hard work. [yawn]

20110418182916.jpg

--

One nasty thunderstorm later...

20110418195737.jpg

20110418200845.jpg

I let them rest in FTC for a bit to level out the temps, then into the fridge until Thursday.

nepas

Them look good sct. My wife would like em.

When we are in NOLA i will tell you why i aint much of a chicken leg, thigh eater.

squirtthecat

They aren't our favorite part of the bird either.. We go for the split chicken breasts.

I'm trying to get MAK Daddy to weld together a chicken drumstick hanger so I can fit more than 50 legs in the 1 Star... :cool:

nepas

They aren't our favorite part of the bird either.. We go for the split chicken breasts.

I'm trying to get MAK Daddy to weld together a chicken drumstick hanger so I can fit more than 50 legs in the 1 Star... :cool:

We need to keep him and Bruce busy.....LOL

Rip

Squirt, you are King of the Drumsticks! Not my fav part either, but those look great! When I was in elementary they would cater in hot dogs twice a school year..(whoopee) :)

squirtthecat

Yeah, this is about as healthy and homemade as some of these kids get..

Jan's Rub gives them a great flavor, and doesn't have anything in it to trigger allergic reactions. (there are some kids that are allergic to dang near everything)

smoker pete

Drumsticks are my Grandkid's (ages 5, 7, & 9) favorite!! Great to see them being wolfed down.

Those are some lucky kids Squirt ... They have MrsSTC for a teacher and STC for their personal Chef!!!

Top Bottom