My name is Tom and I am a pellet smoker.

Buffalotom

Hi,
I have been smoking with a Traeger for many years now and have switched to a MakGrill. I like them so much that we are now going to be selling them in our buffalo gift shop.

Rip

Welcome to the forum Tom!
Be advised, This forum is sponsored by BigPoppaSmokers.com, we can talk about all things pellet smoking related, just not where to buy them. That said, what's cooking?

CarterQ

Welcome aboard Tom! Follow the rules of the road and you'll be fine, look forward to seeing what you do with your MAK.

Buffalotom

Rip,
As they say a word to the wise is sufficient. Did not mean to step on any toe's. Cannot wait for Easter to smoke a 21 lb. Ham. I saw in an earlier post to smoke at 255. I was wondering if anyone knew how many minutes per lb. Other than that I love to smoke. Besides an occasional snifter of tequila, my favorite sport.

TentHunter

Welcome to the forum Tom!

I usually Hot-smoke hams at around 225°-250° for an hour or so then raise the temp to about 325°-350° and cook to an internal temp of 160. Let it rest tented with foil (the temp will spike to above 165°). I always plan on 30 minutes per pound to leave myself plenty of time. If it's done sooner a little extra resting time only helps redistribute juices ;).

Hickory or a Hickory/Apple combo is my Favorite smoke flavor for ham.

Buffalotom

Thanks to all. With all of this help, my family and friends are going to be well fed. What is the point of cooking all of this good food if you can't share it with others?
Next week we will be cooking up burgers for 100+ FFA members and families for their annual banquet We will be using our Traeger trailer. Let the good times roll.

Top Bottom