First cook on the MAK

Chili Head

Since the weather isn't cooperating Today I wheeled the MAK into the porch. I'm breaking it in with a brisket and will be doing some ABTs as well.

46e1a975-e62e-8ac8.jpg

Just a simple chorizo, cream cheese, pinch of garlic salt mixture this time. The mixture needed a little heat so several dashed of Frostbite Hot sauce was added to kick it up a few notches.

46e1a975-e6e0-0bed.jpg

Wrapped em up and there ready to go!

46e1a975-e697-34d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TentHunter

Mmmm, Chorizo & Cream Cheese ABT's... sounds A-B-Teerific!

Can't wait to see how they turn out. :)

Congrat's on the new MAK.

Chili Head

Dang we hammered the ABT's !

46e1a975-0253-429d.jpg

They turned out nice but were missing something.. I'll use cilantro, onion and cheddar cheese in them next time. The smoke profile was really low, I didn't expect that but I just put them on at 250 and didn't smoke em first. But dang they were tasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chili Head

The brisket turned out pretty good!

1b4a132e.jpg

With the storms fast approaching bringing with it 70 mph winds I opted to pull it an hour sooner than I would have liked. Glad I did, it was gusting 45+ when I took it off the MAK. It was good but a tad tough. I'll run it on smoke another hour also instead of just 45minutes.
I made a brisket sammie with allied kenco bbq sauce and jalepenos on sour dough bread. Tasty!!!

f3d3b7a3.jpg

afc9ad21.jpg

I vac bagged some of the leftovers up for my buddys and kept the point for a future dinner.

Chili Head

The frostbite hot sauce is just mainly heat without flavor. It's perfect for just adding heat without changing the flavor of what you use it in. I don’t think it’s all that hot but they don’t call me chili head for nothing. I've gotten the wife peeo'd on several occasions by telling her "try this it aint hot" when it was for her :) . I just have a high tolerance for HOT so your mileage may vary. I picked it up at one of those specialty kitchen stores at the mall but you can find it all over the internet. Amazon has it too. It’s pricey though..something like 10.99 a bottle.

Top Bottom