My name is Steph and I am considering a pellet cooker one day....

Big Brother Smoke

Please do not tell my die hard stick burning buddies:D
The bottom line is that I love to Q and talk about it often.

I hope to learn a lot about these machines with the hopes of purchasing something that meets my needs.

I must confess that I am and will always be a Stick burner at heart! However, I still want to learn to cook with pellets.

Cheers,
Steph

Rip

Welcome Steph. It's hard to beat the convience of doing other things while your pellet smoker takes care of itself. No reason (besides space and $'s) you can't do both.

CarterQ

Welcome aboard Steph! Plenty of folks cooking both with big sticks and little sticks around here so no worries!

geerock

Steph,

I am a 19 year stick burner myself and just got a Traeger and absolutely love it! Guess I'm just tired of babysitting a metal box and now that I'm older and crankier, I wasn't happy when the ol' girl didn't want to carry on a conversation. A pellet smoker and a remote thermostat now allows me to go talk to other inanimate objects. Never knew what I was missing!!

All the best.

TentHunter

Welcome to the forum Steph!

I just recently got a pellet cooker. I love and still use my stick burner (and my Weber Kettle too) :)!

But I do have to admit that after working all day, my pellet cooker sure makes it nice and easy to cook up some good food and still get that wood fired flavor that you just can't get from a gasser.

jimsbarbecue

Welcome Steph. Good to see you here too. To the others we had a bash at Steph's house , he is good people and cooks some great food. The good thing with a pellet cooker is after you flip the switch you can cook in minutes.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Steph is a great guy....as long as I get the sale. Serious steph is the owner of simply marvelous rubs. Got first last week in chicken too!

Top Bottom