MAKbrunch

Chili Head

I got up bright and early and played golf this morning without eating first. When I got home I was HUNGRY and cold and felt like a hot meal. Nothing else to do but fire up the MAK and try out the grill grates on a big ole ham steak! I pre heated the MAK to 400 deg and slapped on the ham. Some went on the grill grate and some off to the side. I wanted to see the difference the grill grate made. You can see that the grill grate caramelizes the ham better than cooking without. There was also a weird smell coming off the grill grate that kinda smelled like plastic burning. Luckily it didn't impart any flavor to the meat.

46e1abae-2ce0-c884.jpg

46e1abae-2dd0-6e3d.jpg

I also made some hashbrowns with some gunpowder seasoning on em.

46e1abae-2d47-adab.jpg

46e1abae-2d58-3bd4.jpg

Add a couple fried eggs and some hot sauce and you have brunch!

46e1abae-2db0-8da9.jpg

My belly is happy right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chili Head

"There was also a weird smell coming off the grill grate that kinda smelled like plastic burning. Luckily it didn't impart any flavor to the meat."

The smell had nothing to do with the grates! I believe it was the pellets heating up. If I open the hopper and take a whiff when the grill is on I get the same smell. I'm thinking this is normal..I think I was just paranoid yesterday while learning about my new MAK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom