MAK damaged in shipping...all is well now

Kevwah

I'm sure the folks here will feel my pain. And let me preface that this is neither MAK's nor Big Poppa's fault.

So my new MAK 2 Star shows up via UPS trailer this morning. I was immediately put off by the driver whose first words to me were to complain about the lift gate motor being intermittently broken. That was followed by him using some expletives to describe his coworkers who apparently didn't load the grill properly, forcing me to get into the trailer to help put the pallet jack under it while he leaned it over on its little pallet. We finally got it off the trailer and dragged it up to my garage. I signed and he left.

This is where things got worse. I should have checked all 4 sides of the box while he was there. This is what I found on the one end:

photo1.jpg

So I open the lid and immediately take out what's on that side because it doesn't look promising. And it's not. A large piece of the panel has a drag mark from whatever hit it:

photodrag.jpg

The ding actually dented the metal into the other side:

photoding.jpg

To add insult to injury look where it happened in relevance to the sticker:

photosticker.jpg

Now I know a scratched and dented panel for the base isn't going to stop the unit from cooking, but when you pay this much for something you want to believe that the people involved in getting it to you, in this case UPS, can actually deliver it without screwing it up. All you read anymore is how the USA is becoming nothing more than a service industry. Seems we can't even count on that.

Anyway, here's to hoping for better luck with my new grill!

HoDeDo

UPS will be buying you a side, and shipping it, and covering install labor costs :) Or they will just ship you a new one.
They are somewhat of a pain to work with, but they do get it all done. I've been there brother, feel your pain!!!

Big Poppa

Administrator
We ship to 110 countries and use all carriers in the guitar side of my business and I'm sorry to say they are pretty much all the same

Carter13

We ship to 110 countries and use all carriers in the guitar side of my business and I'm sorry to say they are pretty much all the same

This is why when I buy a MAK 1 in the future I plan on picking it up at their warehouse which is 40 miles from my home.

Big Poppa

Administrator
wow....I guess I dont get a chance....BUt not only is ups on this but so are we....My only wish is that the title could say freight damaged MAK as it reads in this google search world like we did something wrong....Thanks

Carter13

I know you are going to take care of this BP and UPS will end up paying in the end.
I think it would be great to take a tour of the MAK warehouse and get some pics with the grill there. Just too cool being so close to the company.
Don't worry I will keep buying rubs and accessories from you.

Kevwah

wow....I guess I dont get a chance....BUt not only is ups on this but so are we....My only wish is that the title could say freight damaged MAK as it reads in this google search world like we did something wrong....Thanks

BP, sorry for the title. I hadn't thought about search engine repercussions. As my original post states I did not blame your company or MAK in any way. And Jessie and Veronica have been fantastic with their support. I got word that a new shelf is on it's way from MAK. Thanks for the super customer support!

SisInLaw

Well, why not change the thread title, then? I think you can do it by going Advanced (edit)on your first post or just pm a Mod.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Kev I hope you dont mind I edited your title now that all is well..let us know if we can help with anything else...

Top Bottom