Take and bake pizza grill grates vs stone

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok under the most scientific test standards. (little louie's opinion). We set out to find out which is the best way to cook our favorite no brained Costco take and bake pizza. Ok I know that pizza isn't the same as oo flour fresh tomato and imported mozzarella....but it is a great last minute better than most pizza parlors.....

We cooked one on a stone......

Then how we normally do. Three grill grates....

400 degrees and the winner is

Grill grates by a mile. Seriously we like our crust and pizza slightly we done. We want to be able to hold the slice up and not have the slice turn into a molten cheese slide.
The grill grate pizza is even from the edge to the center and makes perfect crust

Try it!

Bear

I don't use a stone, and have never tried the grill grates under pizza, but I will try it.

I usually just throw mine on the grill on my Memphis Pro, but we have some extra large pizzas that I have been reluctant to cook in the Memphis because I think they would go edge to edge on the grill, and I was afraid of burning the edges that stick out past the heat deflector. Maybe the Grill grates will solve that problem.

Deb

BP - curious - did you preheat the stone to a certain temp?

Are the crusts on the take and bake pizza pre-set (partially cooked to hold the shape)?

I have never done a take and bake pizza...

Rip

We have done it all three ways, stone, grill, grill grates....grill grates or on grill work best if you like a crispier crust. Stone works best if you prefer chewy crust. We don't preheat the stone. We usually have more pizzas than grill grate area, so straight on to the grill.

CarterQ

We do the Papa Murphys pizzas and I put it right on the upper MAK rack, there seems to be more even heating up there. Will have give the grill grates a try.

Top Bottom