Rub Recommendations!

Star1021Scott

Guys, I'm looking at placing an order with BP, perhaps as early as today.

I typically make my own rubs, but wanted to venture out and try some of the "good" ones!

What do you all suggest for

A. Brisket (I typically do salt/pepper/garlic, however i'm open)
B. Pork
C. Chicken

Thanks in advance!

Big Poppa

Administrator
I try every rub out there and there are a lot of them. The ones in my store are what I consider to be fabulous. I'll let other members make detailed suggestions

Bear

For any kind of bird, I like Plowboys Yardbird, or Hasty Bake Greek. I especially like the Hasty Bake on Turkey.

For Ribs, I like 3 Eyz.

I haven't tried the Big Poppa rubs yet, but that's on my too do list. If I were you I would definitely try them if you are placing an order.

TentHunter

If you like Salt/pepper/Garlic on your brisket, then you will absolutely LOVE Big Poppa's "Little Louie's w/black pepper". That stuff is so great on beef!

I also really like the Smoking Guns "Gun Powder" & "Sweet Heat"

chicken cimmarons sweet rib rub. BP double secret rub with halve BP seasoned galic salt. for any beef product. this stuff will make a pig wish it was a cow

Rip

My favs at the moment: Fish, Plowboys Jerk. Chicken, Yardbird and/or Desert Gold. Beef, Little Louis, Double Secret. Pork, Bovine Bold.

sparky

ribs = 3EYZ the most. i also like little louie's w/ pepper.
pork butt = almost anything. obi wans sweet & heat and honey rub are very good on butts. either together or separate.
brisket = bovine bold, double sercret steak rub, texas rub and obie wans texas brisket rub
steak = double secret steak rub
chicken or turkey = yardbird or hasty back greek
fish = desert gold and magic dust
veges = desert gold, hasty bake greek, magic dust.

Last edited:

Chris231

Ribs - it's all 3EYZ for me
Chicken - I switch between Plowboys and 3EYZ
Brisket - Garlic Pepper and finish with Smokin Guns Gun Powder

Like PB said, it's all about experimentation and seeing what you like.

Top Bottom