Chicken Drumstick/Wing Holder test on MAK

smoker pete

While at Lowe's the other day I picked up some Chicken drumstick/wing holders and wanted to see how it would work on my MAK Pellet Grill. Each one holds 12 drumsticks and 12 wings! Marinaded 14 drumsticks in Mr Yoshida's Marinade & Cooking Sauce overnight in the fridge. Skinned another 14 drumsticks, rubbed with Roasted Garlic EVOO and John Henry's Texas Chicken Tickler. Pulled the skin back and coated the outside with more EVOO.

Drumsticks1.jpg

Used 60/40 Pecan pellets to SMOKE for 30 minutes before bumping the temperature to 325º

Drumsticks2.jpg

Pulled when IT reached 180º

Drumsticks3.jpg

The money $shot ... A few Drumsticks, served with Faux Rice, and steamed Cauliflower,Yellow Squash, and Zucchini :D :D

Drumsticks5.jpg

smoker pete

photos making the faux rice

Here's the recipe that I use Jim. It's a Low Carb alternative to rice and tastes great.

FAUX RICE
20 ounces fresh cauliflower, 1 medium
Butter
Salt and pepper

faux_rice.jpg

Trim the leaves and most of the tough stalks of the cauliflower, then coarsely chop into manageable pieces that will fit the feed tube of your food processor. Using the grating disk, process the cauliflower; put in a 2 1/2 quart casserole with a lid. Add 2-4 tablespoons of water, cover and microwave on HIGH 8-14 minutes. Stir every 4-5 minutes and check for doneness. When tender, but not mushy, add some butter; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 6-10 servings
Per 1/6 recipe: 58 Calories; 4g Fat; 2g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

As you can see in the photo, this does look a lot like real rice! My food processor is rather large so I don't really get it out for this. Like I said, I use my handy dandy manual salsa maker. This is not my recipe but credit is given to a lady named Linda Sue on the web.

nitromadagascar

looks very good, infact i had my wife get one at Menards Sat. Going to try it out this Monday. Mine came with a nice tray for also to set rack in if you like to add water or some beer ? Looking to trying it out.

smoker pete

Where do you get that leg rack? My wife loves chicken legs!

You should be able to find them any place where they have BBQ accessories, and/or on line. Not sure if Big Poppa sells them or not. I just happened to be in Lowe's. I always visit a BBQ section in a store if they have one ... You never know what you'll find that you can't live without :D :rolleyes:

scooter

Legs looke good Pete! When the Mrs and I were doing low carb diet we'd use califlower as an alternative to mashed potatoes. Cook em and prepare them the same way with a hand mixer as mash taters.

smoker pete

Legs look good Pete! When the Mrs and I were doing low carb diet we'd use cauliflower as an alternative to mashed potatoes. Cook em and prepare them the same way with a hand mixer as mash taters.

Thanks for the info Scooter. Sounds great ... I love cauliflower!!

Top Bottom