Pellet Grills

jstcynske

Been spending a lot of time looking at grills and am very torn. I am new to pellet smoking, not even sure if I will like the taste of it. I want a grill that can smoke, slow cook and grill (grilling is important).
Will a "cheaper" grill like the green mountain grills work for me, or am I better off spending the extra cash for something like a memphis pro or mak 2?

Chili Head

I had the same concerns as you. I got my grill this past Monday and don't regret it at all. I've grilled,smoked and baked on it already and am very impressed. The brisket I gave out to my taste testers loved it! One even said he felt like he should be paying for it! They all said it needed more smoke flavor. That was my fault, I didn't run it on smoke long enough. If you want smokey tasting food just run the smoke setting longer. The pizza i baked had no detectable smoke flavor either. Trust me if you get one ( I got the MAK 2 Star) you will love it! Some will sear a steak better than others so do your home work. I'm even thinking of selling my gasser which I love! I don't think I'm going to be using it much any more..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

malawoo

If price is what you are concerned about there is also the Mak 1 star which is also great. Happy trails on you search. Just ask questions and lots of great people here if you have great information. I love my Mak 2 star.

HogSmoker

Been spending a lot of time looking at grills and am very torn. I am new to pellet smoking, not even sure if I will like the taste of it. I want a grill that can smoke, slow cook and grill (grilling is important).
Will a "cheaper" grill like the green mountain grills work for me, or am I better off spending the extra cash for something like a memphis pro or mak 2?

Same here jstcynske I also have been doing tons of research and looking. I'm really leaning heavy toward the MAK. The one thing that is selling me on this is the folks on here talking about them. Big Poppa and company are some of the nicest people you ever could ask for who are willing to share their experiences grilling and answering grill questions. Plain and simple grill gurus IMO.

Vaughn

I recently purchased a Memphis Pro and I can't imagine a better grill/smoker in terms of build quality and versatility. I am very satisfied to say the least. I think with pellet grills you get what you pay for and it is nice to have a couple of choices that are made in America.

jstcynske

Checked out the GMG tonight, nice looking grill. I would like to keep my money in the US, but we dont need to get in to that. Between the Memphis Pro and the MAK 2, any benefit to one over the other?
Thanks for your help everyone!

Big Poppa

Administrator
there are a ton of mak vs memphis threads use the search.....Here is what I have found both from personal experience...and selling them. The most expensive thing you can do is buy a cheaper grill to start because 90% of the people started with a traeger and soon moved on.

Top Bottom