Ribeye Whole Boneless with all the Trimmings

smoker pete

Our friends brought me a 12.5 lb Beef Ribeye Whole Boneless Roast to play with! Have never done one so looking forward to the experience and what better way than to have one dropped in your lap :)

Ribeye1.jpg

Portioned the Ribeye into 3 meals. Two roasts and some steaks. Seasoned one roast with Garlic EVOO and some Fagundes Prime Rib & Roast Seasoning. Vacuum packed them, put one roast and steaks in the freezer for future use and refrigerated the seasoned roast for 2 days.

Ribeye4.jpg

Removed from fridge 45 minutes prior to cook. Preheated the MAK to 240º using Pure 100 Oak pellets.

Ribeye5.jpg

2 hours later, rubbed some baking potatoes with Garlic EVOO and Fagundes Seasoning. Placed the spuds in an Infrared Roaster for 90 minutes on high.

Ribeye7.jpg

Pulled the Ribeye roast at an IT of 135º and rested under a foil tent for 30 minutes.

Ribeye8.jpg

Meanwhile, steamed some fresh green beans and sauted some mushrooms and onions.

Ribeye9.jpg

Sliced and ready to eat.

Ribeye10.jpg

The money $shot ... A slice of Ribeye roast, baked potato, Sauted mushrooms/onions, and steamed fresh green beans ... Man, that meat was to die for!! Why go to a restaurant when we can eat like this at home ... Course, the friends that brought us the Ribeye Roast joined us for the feast :p

Ribeye11.jpg

HogSmoker

Looks like some fine dining too me ! Infrared Roaster never seen one of those before where did you get this and what kind ? Thanks

sparky

never seen your potato cooker before. i showed my wife your burner systems outside. she's thinking about it. ;)

smoker pete

never seen your potato cooker before. i showed my wife your burner systems outside. she's thinking about it. ;)

It's going to get HOT in the Central Valley of California so I ran a test last night to see if I could cook everything outside ... and I can :cool: Love baked potatoes but don't get much in the summer cause SWMBO doesn't want to turn on the oven - can't blame her!

ACW3

That meat is off the charts! Lookin' really good. I love a good piece of meat like that.

Art

Rip

Great looking cook Pete. Keeping cooking heat outside during hot weather is another fringe benefit of pellet cooking.

SisInLaw

Pete, your friends are already conspiring to buy you more terrific cuts of meat and have you whip them up. That beef looks fabulous--nice color all the way through.

Top Bottom