Pasta

Deb

BP - you can delete if needed, no pellets were burned in this meal

It's been raining most of the day and seemed like a good spaghetti day. Made sort of a bolognese sauce. While that was simmering made some whole wheat pappardelle.

Pasta

96345975.jpg

Dinner:

ef4ac827.jpg

Craving satisfied:)

squirtthecat

Looks fantastic! I'm in the Capitol of Bad BBQ, so we had Italian for dinner.

Care to share your hybrid bolognese sauce?

Deb

Thanks Jeanie & Squirt

Squirt - this was a last minute decision and didn't have all the ingredients I would have liked to use but still good

diced onions & carrots softened in some olive oil
some local ground beef in the pot to brown (you could use ground veal, pork, turkey , a mix)
while that was browning I added oregano, thyme, marjoram, basis, rosemary
drained off fat
added some garlic and cooked a bit
then took a 35 oz can cento italian tomatoes and put some of the liquid in and let it simmer down
crushed the tomatoes into the pot and added the rest of the liquid into the pot
let it simmer down a little
added about 1 cup beef broth (you could use wine wine/broth mix) let it simmer down some
added another cup of beef broth
let everything simmer really slow for a couple hours
let it cool a bit because there was still fat in it & defatted
heated back up and right before using added some light cream - probably about 1/2 cup

cooked the pasta , drained reserving some of the cooking liquid
put the cooked pasta back in the pasta cooking pot, added enough sauce to coat, added a little of the cooking liquid to loosen it up. Let it heat for a couple minutes .

If I had planned this I would have cooked some diced pancetta in wtih the onions & carrots. I would have used a mix of beef/pork/veal (only local). I would have used some wine as well as beef broth.

Top Bottom