how long to cook a whole chicken on a new memphis pro

water boy

HI i'm new to this whole pellet grillin seen. I have not even recieved my grill yet ups says tomorrow. if anybody knows the best way to cook a whole chicken how hot, how long, do i use smoke setting at all. please respond. Also is there a good cook book to buy for these grills.:)

sparky

325º until probe in breast reaches 165º. 1 to 1 1/2 hours more or less. oh bye the way, nice to meet ya partner. name is sparky. from west coast. cowabunga dude. :cool:

Last edited:

Rip

I like them spatchcocked. I cook at 250 or so until breast IT hits 150, then crank the heat to 400 until IT 165 (to crisp the skin)

TentHunter

I'm with Rip; Spatchcocking is the way to go. It cooks a little quicker because heat gets to both sides of the bird and the heat rising thru the bottom causes the skin to trap in the steam and juices. Mine are usually done like Sparky said, in about an hour to an hour and a half depending on size and pit temp.

Apple or Cherry also gives poultry a great flavor and color.

Welcome to the forum!

CarterQ

Welcome aboard! As you can see there is a great group here who love to share and help. As for the chicken, spatchcocking always turns out great results.

scooter

I butterfly the thing then do what Sparky said. There are many, many ways to do it and part of the smokin journey you're now on is to find the way you like best.

Welcome to PelletSmoking and remember, the search button is your friend!! :)

ACW3

Here is one more vote for spatchcocking a chicken (or turkey). You get the best of all worlds, plus you get it quicker.

Art

Top Bottom