Playing around on Easter

Deb

I was sort of watching food network this morning and Alex Guarnaschelli did baked apples using dark rum and brown sugar. I decided I would do some for dessert tonight.

Got the apples ready, went to get the dark rum, I didn't have any :confused: I'm sure I did, found something better:D I saw this used in a cake on a blog and when I was in VT last I found some to buy - Sapling Maple Liqueur. It's has a maple flavor but not super sweet like maple syrup.....

Started by making a syrup of 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (will use light brown or maple sugar next time) , 1/2 cup of the maple liqueur, some cinnamon and nutmeg. Cooked down til it was a little thicker. Probably little less than 1/2.

52609e56.jpg

Apples in a pan, about 1//2 cup of apple juice in bottom, poured the syrup over the apples

15cd4da4.jpg

9f825c1b.jpg

Into the traeger at 350 degrees
3ce7bd58.jpg

Every once in awhile I drizzled some of the syrup on the apples, when they started getting soft I poked with fork and then drizzled

The recipe said 35 to 40 minutes, I didn't time them but they took longer
the bottoms blew out
fe0bb6af.jpg

Ready to eat, with ice cream, drizzled with the syrup and sprinkled with cinnamon
0e7f4eab.jpg

Deb

I was walking through the grocery store and saw displays of marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers. Then I saw some peeps......... bought peeps, dove chocolate eggs & graham crackers.

01b7937d.jpg

Put it the traeger right after I shut it down

096de2e1.jpg

, the eggs & peeps got soft inside but didn't collapse, I had to help a little - the peeps could have been melted a little more.

6f23e26f.jpg

adb05532.jpg

Not something I would do again

Rip

:) first it was sparky unsupervised, now Deb "playing around"...I love it when people cook out of the box! Great stuff Deb! Right now I'm thinking Moon pies melted on graham crackers.

Hobbit

Peeps on a grill, something I have thought about but never tried.
Thanks for showing the results.
Hobbit

TentHunter

That Maple liqueur sounds good. I'm going to have to seek that out and give it a try with some apples.

Thanks Deb!

Top Bottom