Keeping my old charcoal grill

MikeB

Just spoke to my daughter who wants to give me back my 22" Weber charcoal grill. This June I gave her my old Nomad pellet and since they can not have charcoal or gas grills at their apartment they want to get the old weber out of their garage.

So do I want to cook on Charcoal anymore. Any flavor advantages for cooking with charcoal. I would probably get a new grate for it with the flip up ends to add more charcoal. Maybe even get cast iron grates that I have seen.

Help me decide.

Bear

It's been even longer since I cooked on my charcoal grill than it has since I cooked on my gasser.

If you've got a pellet grill that you like, kick the Weber to the curb.

....unless you can think of something that you can do on charcoal that you can't do with pellets.

Me neither.

Big Poppa

Administrator
I like weber kettles...but I dont ever use them anymore..... if you have room for storage keep it and bring it to a seventies party

MikeB

Weber Rotisserie

Does Weber make a Rotissorie unit to fit the 22" kettle? Ia m talking about the old style kettle.

sparky

i have every gadget for my weber. i never use it anymore. food taste better on the pellet grill. it was a anniversary present from my with for our 20th wedding anniversary. hard to get rid of it. it does hold pellets good though. take the rack out and i can get 2 bags of pellets in her.

TentHunter

I have to say, I love my Weber 22" Kettle. Its what I learned to smoke on and made in the USA!

Earlier this year I did replace the handles, one touch cleaning system, & top grate (with a hinged one), but the thing's over 10 years old & I use it at least 2 - 3 times per week. (Weber warranty's the kettle for 10 years)

I have a bigger horizontal offset smoker, but at least 90% of my smokes are still done on my Weber because its fuel efficient & easy to maintain.

TentHunter

Does Weber make a Rotissorie unit to fit the 22" kettle? Ia m talking about the old style kettle.

Yes they make a rotisserie. I don't own one but I've seen one and it works great. There's also a rotating rib rotisserie called a rib-o-lator that holds 4 racks of ribs that fits a Weber 22"

HOT DOG

I'm sold on my 075 but no way will I get rid of my 22" Weber. Going to do a chicken on the Rotisserie tonight, will put a smoke box in with wood chips works great.
mysmiley-2-1.png

Phrett Bender

I just did a couple of porterhouse steaks on the Weber kettle. Tossed in a foil packet of pellets for a liitle smoke and 1-2-3 they're done! Steaks are about the only thing I use it for, tried them on the BGE and they were the best bone in ribeyes I ever had, but burned fingers taught me a lesson!

cowgirl

I've definately held onto all of my smokers and grills. I love the Memphis Pro but can't part with any of my other cookers..
I'm pretty sure a girl can't have TOO many smokers. :)

Top Bottom