Rack o Lamb

CarterQ

From this weeks contest,
Spent most of the weekend cooking for family, did Easter with the in laws on Sat., more family at brunch on Sunday morning and then we had some friends over last night. I wanted to cook something nice to finish the weekend so we went with lamb.

BTW the UPS guy delivered a new toy last week so I have been cooking with it and learning.

Got a nice little rack

5733353a.jpg

Hit it with Desert Gold and Rosemary and let it warm up a little

d655351c.jpg

Wanted some red potatoes for a side, Melted butter on the MAK running @400 and then added in diced red potatoes, onion, garlic, italian seasoning and Little Louies with pepper.

02c03d9e.jpg

5f096b53.jpg

Back on the MAK

16777b08.jpg

The new guy was a fired up and ready to rock

d9ebf3dd.jpg

Put the rack over hot coals to sear on both sides

8bb8db44.jpg

All seared up move it over the inderect side and toss in a foil pack of BBQers delight Oak

f83fe9f1.jpg

The team

6eae8400.jpg

CarterQ

Rack o Lamb Cont

Taters are done

7ed65083.jpg

Pull the lamb off at 135 (over shot it a little bit) and let it rest

a89dca94.jpg

While the meat is resting, grill up some steamed Chokes that were seasoned with garlic olive oil and Desert gold on the HB

79eafcc9.jpg

8a840934.jpg

Meat looks ready

d52276b1.jpg

Dinner is served

bb11fb71.jpg

I overcooked the lamb a little but it still was fabulous, still learning the ropes on the Hasty Bake. Lamb has got to be one of the most overlooked meats out there. Love the new cooker and can't wait to try new ways to use the MAK and the Hasty Bake together.

bflodan

I love the rack of lamb!! I do alot of lamb rib chops on my Weber.. How do you like the HB? Im getting the itch for something new!!

SwineBrother

Carter, a work of art indeed!

Here in Tulsa, the home of Hasty-Bake, a new 'Q joint called Burn Company opened up a couple months back. Everything on the menu is made on Hasty-Bakes. The proprietor is a former HB employee who taught the cooking classes for new HB owners for years. It opens at 10:30am and if you don't have your order placed by 11:30am you may be out of luck. It's always great to see a long-time 'Q chef strike out and make good! Congrats on your new Hasty-Bake!

CarterQ

Thanks everyone!

How do you like the HB? Im getting the itch for something new!!

I love the Hasty Bake so far, with the adjustable firebox it's kind of like a Santa Maria grill with a lid. For me there is something about charcoal that I love for certain foods. I look forward to it being a great compliment to my MAK.

Swine Brother, that's a very cool story. I lurk around the Hasty Bake board and saw several threads about the Burn Co. One of the things that attracted me to the Hasty Bake were the passionate users and the timeless design. It's kinda like firing up a classic muscle car when you light it.

sparky

nicely done carter. food looks great. wish i lived closer to ya. your new toy looks pretty. sparky likey. looks like a great day. no adult beverage? :)

CarterQ

nicely done carter. food looks great. wish i lived closer to ya. your new toy looks pretty. sparky likey. looks like a great day. no adult beverage? :)

Thanks Spark, only 3 hours down highway from ya if your ever lost! As for the adult beverage had a glass of Pinot with the lamb. Light beer for the afternoon, two grills now gotta watch that figure!

cowgirl

Yeah! I'm happy for ya Carter... Congratulations on the new Hasty Bake!
I'm lovin mine so far. :)
Your lamb feast looks wonderful!

TentHunter

For me there is something about charcoal that I love for certain foods. I look forward to it being a great compliment to my MAK.

There's just something primal about cooking with charcoal (or wood) that's hard to get away from. Glad your enjoying your new Hasty Bake!

Top Bottom