Question about 1 and 2 star MAK

HogSmoker

First I'm fairly new here and really enjoy reading what folks have to say along some very good info.
I do not have a pellet smoker, but I really really want one. Thought about getting a lesser product than the MAK but fig I would not be happy.

My question is what is the difference in the 1 and 2 star MAk that I would notice other than the warmer on the side and what about 50 more sq inches of cooking area if I'm looking at these two model right?
How many racks of ribs can you smoke on a MAK 1 compared to the MAK 2.
I know there will be accessories that can add to the grill also which is a plus.

If anybody out there can give me some advice I'd sure appreciate it. Its a fairly or at least too me a pretty expensive adventure which is why I want too get all insider info I can.
Couple things I live in Arkansas and it gets pretty cold in the winter here so I believe that won't be a issue with either one... however are they tornado proof :) ? cause here lately tornado's have been like Santa Clause there everywhere !

Again thanks for any input.

Chili Head

The 2star has a pellet dump door to make it easy to change out pellets. The 2star also has an ash door on the bottom. Both I wasn't sure I needed but I'm glad I got the 2 star now. The smoker box on the right is also perfect for cheese , nuts, ect..plus its shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Poppa

Administrator
I love both of them. I just bought my second 1 star for personal use. I think it puts out more smoke and can get hotter than the 2 star. With the extral options now available like the searing grate griddle and extra racks capacity isn't a huge problem.

The two star has more room, it has the stuff chili said but also has the warming drawer which is killer

Ifmyou start loading up a one star you are better off going the extra for the two star

IMHO the most expensive thing you can do is start with a lesser grill if you know you are serious about this pellet smoking. Don't get me wrong you can cook great stuff on all the pellet cookers but you start to want the extra temps or features

scooter

The warming tray/cold smoker is used FAR more than you'd imagine. The pellet dump is VERY useful as well. You'll use both more than you think you will. Like BP said, getting the 2 Star will save you money in the long run from having to upgrade later. I know from experience. I bought a Traeger Lil Tex then four months later upgraded to the General. Sold my Traeger at a loss.

MAK DADDY

I tell everyone it's about budgets, if you can't or don't want to spend the extra money you will be very happy with the 1 Star. If budget is not your main concern by the 2 Star and you will be thankful you did.

CarterQ

Whatever route you choose you will be extremely happy. The two star rocks but the one star would never be considered second fiddle.

Top Bottom