Brisket and Beef Ribs

ITFD#15

Well I was excited about my Easter cook and the weekend comp, but my plans got changed. All good though it is what we sighed up for and when the tones go off we go.
I have left people at concerts, restaurants, hockey games and not returned home for hours, it is a big commitment but any fire fighter will tell you it is worth it.

Lots of Beef
IMG_8770.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_8766.jpg
[/IMG]

Prepared both with PM and used 3eyz on the ribs and my home made rub on the brisket.
Wrapped and refrigerated
The next day Sat. I injected the brisket with a 50/50 beef broth, injectable marinade and onion powder. Back in the fridge until Sun. morning
IMG_8773.jpg
[/IMG]

Put the brisket on the Traeger Sun. morning 8am at 180, smoking with apple pellets.
Added ribs around 11am
By 2pm everything progressing well increase temp to 225
IMG_8774.jpg
[/IMG]

Pulled ribs and placed them in a 50/50 mix of apple juice a BBQ sauce. Back on the Traeger for 1hr. Pulled ribs again and reduces the sauce then put the ribs directly on the grill and finished with the sauce.
Brisket still going temp IT 160
IMG_8779.jpg
[/IMG]
Pulled brisket at 180 wrapped in tinfoil then the tones went off see ya later
IMG_8794.jpg
[/IMG]
This is what everyone had while I was gone
IMG_8792.jpg
[/IMG]

TentHunter

Everything looks amazing. Man look at that thick smoke ring on those beef ribs!

And a big hat's off to you and your fellow firefighters for serving folks like us.

CarterQ

Great looking cook! Love the ribs. A big thanks to you and your brothers for putting it on the line everytime you get the call.

Hobbit

The rumor that firefighters cook really well appears to be true. Great looking ribs. That smoke ring is awesome.

Answering the call is also awesome. Thanks!

ITFD#15

Hey thanks everyone.. The ribs had great flavor and a nice smoke ring, I will do them again but will shorten the cook a bit.
The brisket had a nice ring on it as well an d the taste was great although I would have liked to have had some when it was fresh. I think I will lower the IT a bit the next time.
Rip Rhyne
What was the PM that you stated you put on the ribs? That is prepared mustard I use it a lot on just about everything, good glue for rubs.

Top Bottom