First attempt at MAKribs

Chili Head

Aight my first cook with ribs in 390 is in the books. I'm kinda disappointed but it's my fault. I'm not sure if it's the ribs themselves or me really. I tried some pork ribs that I've never had before (GFS) and the quality wasn't there I don't believe. Plus I think I over cooked em too, the bottom side was kinda charred. I ran the smoke for three hours then bumped the temp to 250 for another two hours, sauced em and cooked another hour. I normally foil my ribs and didn't this time.

46e1abae-b939-dae5.jpg

46e1abae-b957-1819.jpg

I also think I should have had them on the other side of the grill. I had one rack dusted with meat smack rub and sauced with oink and squeal sauce. The other rack had bryants rub with allied kenco sauce. Good flavor combos!

46e1abae-bb5f-ba4d.jpg

46e1abae-bb77-1f81.jpg

46e1abae-bdf1-c4c7.jpg

46e1abae-be06-f428.jpg

With the ribs we had Cole slaw and mustard potato salad.

46e1abae-bca4-bb5d.jpg

46e1abae-bcc2-172f.jpg

The ribs weren't bad..not my best but certainly not my worst lol. I'd rate em 6 outa 10 I think. The center portion of the rack was pretty good. We hammered em anyway!

I also had a pork butt and some potatoes going. This is the largest cook on 390 so far. The pork butt and potatoes are for lunch tomorrow and later in the week.

46e1abae-bc58-b646.jpg

46e1abae-bc71-7ebf.jpg

I'll post finished pics of that tonight. It's about 30 minutes of being done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chili Head

Here's the butt going into FTC for an hour or so.
46e1abae-c292-c528.jpg

Instead of pulling this one I'm going to debone and slice it. Thinking of potatoes and gravy with some grilled pineapple as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom