Pellet Smoking has simplified my cooking

Big Poppa

Administrator
On a recent post one the the frequent comments was...Simple.....simple is good.

It made me realize that having been a pretty serious amateur cook....(not a chef...)that I have studied and cooked Italian, French, Pacific Rim, Mexican...serious...ytou name it.
So I sort of bristled at first and then said...You know what? I am getting very simple. I am letting the core meal be the star by proper cooking. It is the pellet grill that has made me simple! hahahah

Star1021Scott

Sometimes less is more. I agree with you completely.

Other than the simplicity of proper cooking and allowing the core meal to be the star.

Pellet Smoking has increased my confidence of the product I put on a plate. I no longer have to question myself "will others enjoy it..." now I know they WILL enjoy it.

Rip

Hmmm, I was one of the 'simple' comments. It was meant as a compliment! The plated meal (Cajun Party Taters) featured sliced taters with a perfectly cooked slice of beef and a spinach salad. Straight forward, honest, uncomplicated food....and man do I wish I had a plate!

On the flip side, pellet cooking has encouraged me to try things I never would have tried before, Asiago pork roll comes to mind...there a consistency of results from the cooker performance that gives me confidence to try new things. A confidence I seldom had before, even when doing the same meal twice (with previous non pellet cookers.)

Big Poppa

Administrator
Rip I wasnt bristling at you guys...it was "hey you know how to cooks bunches of things....way complicated things" and the real voice said.."this is better for now....let the meat be the star!"

TentHunter

The real beauty of a dish like that not only does it let the main dish shine, but its simplicity lets you easily customize it to compliment the main dish.

For example, make that same tater dish only, instead of the cajun spices, use some dill & garlic. Voila; it almost seems like a whole new side dish that goes well with fish.

As for the pellet smoking aspect... I am only just begining to see how the ease of using pellet cookers make it even easier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom