Fresh Halibut Tacos with Spicy Pellet Smoked Oysters

bflodan

I am lucky enough to have a great fresh wholesale seafood connection!! This Halibut was no more than 3 days old and it sure tasted that way!! I am an oyster fanatic but have never once once had them cooked!! Considering that my wife is PREGNANT with a beautiful girl Im going to have to cook these since she cant eat them raw..

Rubbed the Halibut with some EVOO then added some Little Louies and some Hasty-Bake along with some fresh squeezed lemon and lime!
104.jpg

107.jpg

Had some fresh Kushi Oysters.. Made a BBQ sauce with some Sweet Chili Sauce, Franks Red Hot, Butter and Fresh Garlic.
106.jpg

Set my MAK to high and threw the oysters on..
115.jpg

Meanwhile I made an Avacado sauce... In a blender added Avacado, Sour Cream, Fresh Squeezed Lemon and some Cayanne Pepper, blended at all then stirred in some Fire Roasted Salsa...Sorry no after pic!
114.jpg

When the Oysters popped I pulled them and removed the top shells.. Added my sauce and threw them back on about 10 min...Removed them then turned the MAK down to 300 and added the Halibut... Used the Oysters as the appetizer!!

116.jpg

117.jpg

Pulled the Halibut with an IT of 143.. Grilled some Tortillas on my Gasser(thats about all I ever use it for anymore) Flaked the Halibut with a fork added a little Cheese, Avacodo, Tomato, Avacodo Sauce and a little light Slaw..
119.jpg

120.jpg

121.jpg

We all Loved them!!!!

sparky

looks real good partner. congrats on the daughter. they great. i have 2 of them. girls are expense.

CarterQ

Awesome tacos and oysters, couple of my favorite things and yours look great. Congrats too on the little girl coming your way!

Top Bottom