Ancho Chili Beef Tacos & Brown Rice/Roasted Veggie/Black bean salad

Deb

Ancho chili beef tacos & Roasted veggie-brown rice-black bean salad:)

started off with a good sized ancho chili
3914f783.jpg

cut it up into pieces , covered it with some boiling water, added a little garlic, onion, cumin, mexico oregano, covered it all up and went and did a few errands
came back and put the pepper, some of the liquid, more garlic, some onion(not in pic), cumin, mexican oregano, coriander, chili powder, salt, pepper into the blender...... around the blender for a bit........
3353f3bb.jpg

took a small chuck roast
cubed it up and into the traeger for awhile on smoke with oak
8a84534d.jpg

mixed the smoky beef with the ancho chili mix and 1/2 beer
79b94d38.jpg

back to the grill for a couple hours at 275

while the beef was cooking I worked on some roasted veggie/brown rice/ black bean salad

baked some brown rice with cumin, mexican oregano, garlic, chili powder, salt pepper. this rice rocked all on it's own - the rice had a slightly smoky, tiny bit of heat just from being baked with the spices
201ccad2.jpg

then foiled the beef up and back onto the grill, cranked it up to 350 to heat the grill grates - threw some veggies on to be used for the salad
dd21441d.jpg

veggies off the grill (except for the corn), turned the grill back down to 275 at this point
84e1662c.jpg

diced up the veggies, mixed with the brown rice, a can of black beans, a little more cumin, mexican oregano, salt , pepper, juice of a couple limes, olive oil. After the corn finished roasting cut it off the cob and into the salad.

beef came out of the grill when it looked like this

42b60838.jpg

Shredded the beef, warmed up a couple corn tortillas with some cheddar cheese, plated with some of the rice/bean/veggie salad
d5b101ad.jpg

Deb

FLbentrider mentioned the caramel that was in my contest entry. So we won't all be confused later I am moving the dessert part into this post.

then dessert....... I was going to make a chocolate cherry clofouti but someone ate the cherries while they were draining :confused: so I had to resort to plan B -- we had bananas that needed to be used..... hmmm....... scooters bananas but how can I change it up.........got it, found a block of caramel in the pantry.... so banana, some dark chocolate and some caramel
f697ad33.jpg

off of the grill looked like this
395678d1.jpg

onto a little vanilla ice cream, not pretty but....... the caramel brings it to the next level......
2d7be5a5.jpg

TentHunter

Deb, this whole meal is off the charts, mouth watering good!

Very rarely does a great main dish get outshined by a side, but that Smoky Rice, Roasted Veggie & Black Bean Salad is the star of this show!

I mentioned this in the Contest thread, but its worth mentioning again. Your description of the smoky, spicy rice already had my mouth watering. Then you went on to show the roasted veggies, added black beans, described the spice ingredients in the dressing... and then you mentioned the fresh juiced limes... it was all I could take!

My taste buds started exploding BEFORE I even looked at the final picture of that dish plated with the shredded Beef Tacos.

We already make a very good Black Bean & Corn Salad, but you better believe that this dish is getting added to my list!

Top Bottom