Smoked Bacon Wrapped Chicken Cordon Blue

smoker pete

First try at this and I do believe it turned out good enough for guests ;D Swung by an Hispanic Meat Market near the house and had the Butcher slice me up some chicken breasts. He has all sorts of thin cuts and flattened meats. Initially laid out 4 slices of Bacon vertically and 1 horizontally. Layered half a Chicken Breast, Ham, Provolone Cheese, and repeated the process.

CordonBlue1.jpg

Rolled the layers and then used the horizontal piece of bacon to seal the ends.

CordonBlue2.jpg

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Cordon Blue trussed up with hot cooking bands rather than toothpics.

CordonBlue3.jpg

Smoked the Bacon Wrapped Chicken Cordon Blue for an hour using Apple. Here's what they looked like after an hour and before bumping up the temperature to 320ºF.

CordonBlue4.jpg

Pulled when the IT reached 165º and rested under a foil tent for 15 minutes.

CordonBlue5.jpg

The money $shot ... A nice Apple Smoked Bacon Wrapped Chicken Cordon Blue and a scoop of Cole Slaw. The Chicken spoke for itself and little else was needed for a nice light Sunday night dinner. No, I did not scarf down the second one ... It was plated to balance out the money $shot ;) :D

CordonBlue6.jpg

TentHunter

Yeah I was wondering about the bands too. You didn't eat 'em for desert did you? He he j.k. :p

I love Chicken Cordon Bleu and that looks really good.

smoker pete

tell us about the hot cooking bands

Here's a description of the bands that I use. They would be a great addition to your inventory Big Poppa.

Award winning design from Architec, silicone hot cooking bands. 2-inch bands replace butcher twine or toothpicks. Made of 100-percent medical grade silicone, these bands are food safe, freezer safe, deep fry safe and dishwasher safe. Heat resistant up to 600-degrees they can be used in the oven on the griddle, bbq or rotisserie. 2-inch fits up to 20-pound turkey. Colors are ideal for food identification, rare/medium/well, mild/medium/spicy.

Top Bottom