What would you do without Costco?

Big Poppa

Administrator
This is sort of my Costco tribute thread.

I probably shop there more than a regular super market. Last night I had some steaks from there that were awesome.

i love the idea of delivering quality and value. Their buyers have high standards and great taste. The end result is that if Im not sure on something and they have it I ususally buy it because they rerely let me down.

Where is your tribute place?

Rip

Costco. Even though it's on the other side of the metro area, it's worth the trip. Just got ribs there last night, the shrimp for last week's shrimp burgers came from there as well.

sparky

we are costco ppl. beds, outside furniture, washer, dryers, frigs, clothes, meat and all the other household things we use. bought my first traeger there. we buy tri tips, fish, steaks, veges and fruit there and a regular basis. ouch. it is much more if the kids go with us. when i want certain veges or fruit we go to the farmers market and for meat the new butcher.

Last edited:

warpath

You folks are lucky.. after many years of having Costco close.. The past 8 yrs.. the closest one is 150 miles away..

I do get alot of hard goods from Costco,com but I surely miss their meats produce etc..

consider yourselves lucky

seeya
Dave

Hobbit

We live in Costco central in the Manassas area. One in town, one in Fairfax, one off Highway 50 and Route 28 and one at Potamac Mills. All within 20 miles. I am there all the time but not every one is has a good meat department. Still looking for a good source for tri-tip and brisket.

Deb

There are a couple in St Louis that I haven't found yet..

Does it take a special membership? Any requirements?

they have a membership fee but no business requirement. They have a few different levels - I have what I think is called the executive member and it earns a % back, we shop there enough that the % always back pays for at least the increase in level if not for the entire card.

FLBentRider

We are a Sams club family. With four kids and a MAK to feed, Sams _is_ our grocery store.

We have a business membership which allows us to get in early before the crowds.

Our Costco allows non-business consumers to buy a membership that allows them in during business-only hours, thereby negating the primary advantage of the business membership.

I've been a Sams club member since 1988

Carter13

We go to Costco every week, I buy my tri tip and flank steak there. I get my baby backs and pork shoulder from Cash and Carry.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Thom you made your point for your comps....We buy our bone in butts there too...the subject was for the at home smoker......

Top Bottom