Upper Grates

BBQ Joe

Hi Mak Daddy. I have a 2 star on the way and I am now looking at getting some accessories. Will 2 half upper grates fit, and will they work well in place of a full size. Just thought the added versatility might be nice. Thanks

smoker pete

Hi Mak Daddy. I have a 2 star on the way and I am now looking at getting some accessories. Will 2 half upper grates fit, and will they work well in place of a full size. Just thought the added versatility might be nice. Thanks

Two Half Upper Grates is what I use in my MAK 2 Star. They fit nicely and the versatility is great! Here's a few Butts using them.

PulledPork5.jpg

Rip

Perfect! I already have the half grate...now I just need a second one. Great question Joe!

squirtthecat

I have the full upper grate, and the 1/2 grate. Two of the 1/2 grates would be perfect. It's a bit of a pain to have to unload the upper grate to get to things on the bottom that are cooking faster. You can reach under it, but you'll learn a quick thermodynamic lesson if you brush up against it. (don't ask me how I know that!)

sparky

"thermodynamic lesson". you talking about the burn marks that i have on the top of my right and forearm for reaching under the top rack to get to the bottom stuff. what squirt said. lol.... you would figure that i would learn after the 1st burn. but, nooooo. my wife just laughs at me and then gets the burn cream. i have the full rack and the 1/2 rack. love them both.

Last edited:
Top Bottom