Mother's Day Spatchcock Chickens, ABTs, and MOINK Balls

smoker pete

My contribution to this year's Mother's Day celebration at my Son's house was the Chicken, and Appetizers. Picked up 4 nice Chickens at Costco. Each were about 6-lbs and I figured that would handle about a dozen people. I also decided to do some Atomic Buffalo Turds (ABTs) and MOINK Balls since I've never done either.

Chose to spike up the cream cheese with some grated cheddar cheese and Soileau's Cajun Seasoning. For good measure, I threw in a Lit'l Smokie in each ABT before wrapping it up with a half of slice of bacon. The MOINK Balls were Costo Meat Balls wrapped with a half slice of bacon.

MomDay1.jpg

Spatchcocked the Chickens and rubbed them with some Annie's Roasted Garlic EVOO and Fagundes Seasoning under and on the skin. Notice the nice plate of Chicken Livers and Hearts waiting for the sauté pan. Yum ... made for a nice snack!!

MomDay2.jpg

Pre-heated to 350º, turned it down to SMOKE and threw the spatchcock chickens in for an hour of Apple smoke.

MomDay3.jpg

After an hour of Apple smoke, bumped the Setpoint to 300º and threw in the MOINK Balls and ABTs.

MomDay4.jpg

Pulled the MOINK Balls and ABTs after about an hour and a half.

MomDay5.jpg

Pulled the chickens when the IT hit 165º in the thickest part of the breast. Took the chicken about 2 hours and 45 minutes total.

MomDay6.jpg

The money $shot ... Fall off the bone Apple Smoked Spatchcock Chickens along with some MOINK Balls and Atomic Buffalo Turds for Appetizers. A great time was had by all and best of all the Moms didn't do a thing except relax, enjoy, and be waited on ...

MomDay7.jpg

BBQ Joe

Hi Pete, Food looks great! I am anxiosly waiting for my MAK to try some of the items you just did. I bet the bacon dripping onto the chickens didn't hurt anything either.

Top Bottom