Vidalia Onion & Bourbon Peach Ribs - for Mom's Day

TentHunter

Mom said she wanted ribs. I hadn't cooked any Vidalia Onion Peach Ribs for a while so I thought they were in order. We also cooked up some Potato Puffs.

I started with a rack of spareribs trimmed to a St. Louis cut and rubbed them down with some homemade rib rub. Peaches in the recipe, so Peach pellets for smoke.
MD01.JPG

Some peaches were thawed & sliced. After two hours the ribs were foiled with some Bourbon Braising liquid: Kentucky Bourbon, brown sugar, cider vinegar & red pepper flakes. I layered some Vidalia Onions & peach slices on top, wrapped and back on for an hour to braise.
MD02.JPG

After an hour braising, the peaches, onion & smoky juices were chopped in a food processor then added to an equal amount of my homemade Bourbon BBQ Sauce. This was used to glaze the ribs.
MD03.JPG

Potato Puffs
I was looking for something to do with potatoes, I came up with these:

Dice up some potatoes and parboil them just until fork tender. Sautee a little bacon and spring onion and mix with the drained potatoes and add a little fresh cracked Black Pepper. Cut a can of puff (cresent) pastry into squares. Put a big spoonful of the potato filling in and seal.
MD04.JPG

They baked while the ribs finished, flipped them once to brown evenly.
The Frogmats worked great to keep these from sticking!
MD04b.JPG

The ribs glazed & finished.
MD05.JPG

The ribs were tender & juicy. The Bourbon-Vidalia onion-peach glazed was tangy with a hint of the sweet onion & peaches with a nice little after kick from the red pepper flakes. The slightly sweet peach smoke paired perfectly with the peaches in the glaze.
MD06.JPG

The Potato Puffs were great. Nice flaky crust & the flavor of the spring onion came through nicely in the potato bacon filling. Definitely a must do again recipe!
MD07.JPG

Thanks again for looking! :)

sparky

you said you were a musician. ya sure, looks to me like your a chef. waiting for TentHunter's diner palace. :)

TentHunter

I have to confess something here...

When I came up with the Potato Puffs I was looking for something different to do with potatoes and thought, "Hmmm, what would jeanie do?"

Last edited:

cowgirl

I have to confess something here...

When I came up with the Potato Puffs I was looking for something different to do with potatoes and thought, "Hmmm, what would jeanie do?"
lol Cliff... you are too kind!! Your cooking outshines mine by a mile!! Thanks friend. :)

Top Bottom