Marinated Pork Loin

CarterQ

Had all the Mom's over at our place yesterday and the request was for pork so I obliged.

Got a pork loin and discovered it was really 2 upon opening.....

c786f2b5.jpg

Made a marinade using soy sauce, brown sugar, dry sherry, onion, garlic, cinnamon, and olive oil

0d1bf088.jpg

Everyone into the Marinade Express

46e7378b.jpg

After marinading onto the hasty bake for a little sear over Oak lump and oak pellets

53e5b188.jpg

Let it ride on indirect heat until 155

a4275346.jpg

While the pork is cooking do some of BP's smoked taters seasoned with Desert Gold on the MAK running @400

05ab6d89.jpg

Pork Done and resting

19500abd.jpg

Sliced up

b2e8357b.jpg

Taters ready

1f64180d.jpg

Mom's day dinner is served

ff49ef7d.jpg

Rip

Nice Carter! Pork loin was a favorite cook from my gasser days, only done them once so far on the pellet cooker (stuffed if I recall correctly), those look great!

TentHunter

Love the homemade teriyaki style marinade. And the roasted potatoes look perfectly done. I could tear into a big plate of that!

Got a pork loin and discovered it was really 2 upon opening.....

That's typically how they are when I get them cryo-packed. One is usually a little smaller than the other. Not sure why they're packaged that way :confused:

squirtthecat

I think those are pork tenderloins. (at least that is what they are called here) We get them 2 per package as well.

Good stuff! I need to try BPs smoked taters as well.

CarterQ

You are correct they are tenderloins, it was in cryovac and just labeled as "pork loin" from the store. While they were very lean the came out extremely moist and tender.

sparky

wow, that was fantastic. excellent meal partner. real light and fresh and the flavors. oh my. i don't know where you live but i have got to come visit. :cool:

jimsbarbecue

Looks good. I have just started my adventures with the Marinade Express. Went and got a package of those boneless pork loin chops Sam's and Costco sells. Used the Marinade express on all but one and then packaged and froze all except whats was going to be cooked. The first cook was good . The second one was the test as these had been through the Marinade Express and frozen then later defrosted and cooked.
All I did was rub a little oil on them and sprinkle with some Little Louie's and on the MAK at 400. Came out just as good as the first cook if not better. Just one photo before they disappeared.
DSC00465-M.jpg

Top Bottom