Sam's Club Challange Conroe TX

KimG SOW

While the Big Poppa Guys are getting ready to win the BIG $$$ in Vegas, SOW will be in Conroe TX hoping to get in the top 7.

KimG SOW

Well, we are hoping to head out around noon tomorrow, TX bound.

It has been a very very busy weekend & week. We cooked for 4 catering jobs for graduation parties. Which I trimmed whole briskets and whole slab ribs for the first time all by myself. Practicing to get to the competition level. ;) Andy taught 3 classes in 2 days in Wichita, KS. Trying to catch up with house work. Dealing with the 'end of the year' school stuff for the girls. And trying to get packed for this trip. Then we learned that our 5yr old niece, Ashley, was admitted into the hospital today with possible fluid on her lung. Turned out to be an infection, so put on antibiotics. She is doing well and will be released after fever free for 24 hrs.

So we are looking forward to nice, uneventful drive. The girls will have fun with Grandma & Gramps here at the house.

Candy Sue

Good luck y'all! Tough crowd down there in Conroe. Watch out for Pops Blazin Smokers, Zeeman took 3 1sts in MS last weekend. He's cooking big meats on a Traeger. Nuthin' Fancy will be there too trying to match hubby Ronnie's GC in Austin last week.

HoDeDo

Yea, we have all them, + Habitual Smokers, Drillin' and Grillin (last year's HLSR) and Craig Sherry (TX Pepper JElly beat. - and this years GC HLSR).... so we have a full slate of tough teams to try to beat! Should be fun. Dont get to hang with the TX teams much, so should be fun.

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I've bottled all the mojo I can for the trip. :)

HoDeDo

No good texts. (9th ribs, 5th pork, 10th overall)... Everything went in just like we wanted it to, so just not our judges down here I guess.
Two of the teams that got in the top 7 were cooking thier 1st KCBS event. On to Rochester next week!

We'll be waiting for the good texts from vegas!

Top Bottom