Therapy for obsessive cleanliness

scooter

I can Q without foil, I can Q without foil, I can Q without foil.
Crap, I need a martini...

IMG_6577.jpg

mrbbq

Be good to your equipment, and it will be good to you. Words every barbecuer, griller and smoker should live by. I give my 2 STAR a good cleaning from stem to stern at least once a month.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Thats not good Brucew Thats spoiling her....I cant show that pic to my MAK's...they will call pellet grill abuse hotine!

MAK DADDY

That has to be killing the owner LOL! I can't believe you posted it, I bet right after the picture the foil went on!

sparky

noooooo.......not you scooter. you've gone to the dark side. come back scooter, come back. the scooter i knew wouldn't do that. did someone tie you up and start using your mak without foil? did your wife do that?

Pete

My aunt is the same way, she spends more time cleaning her grill than cooking on it. When she saw my smoker she asked if there was an easy trick to keeping the grates so clean because it takes her 45min to clean hers. I said "It's easy, I've only had this smoker for a week, come check it next month and those grates will like they have been through a war"

I keep the outside as spotless as possible, but the inside only gets firecleaned with a quick brush every now and then.

scooter

That has to be killing the owner LOL! I can't believe you posted it, I bet right after the picture the foil went on!

After the TT was done I pulled it and left the MAK on high then walked away for about an hour to try to let the firepot remove all evidence of the therapy session...Will have to hit it with some oven cleaner to get it back to the shine.

BP, yes it's my almost one year old General and it's Felix who you're referring to. :)

Sparky, wanted to see if I could do it without blowing a gasket. :)

Last edited:

Bear

My grill didn't look that good after the first week, hard to imagine one looking like that after almost a year.

.....and I don't put foil on any part of my grill.

sparky

i use foil on my drip pan. its so easy. put 4-5 layers on and after a cook rip one off. when all five are gone, time to clean the pit and refoil. clean pit is a happy pit.

Top Bottom