Fire bricks in Mak?

Star1021Scott

Anyone use this mod in their MAK? I was reading some other threads that discuss their use. What are the pro's/con's?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CarterQ

I think the fire bricks help mellow out the temp swings on other cookers. I have had nothing but rock solid temps on my MAK. I don't know of the bricks would give much benefit.

sparky

#336 holds temps + or - 5º. perfect. most of the time it holds temps very true. i have a magic mak. :) NO BRICKS!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Fire bricks are for cookers that cant get much heat and swing like tarzan. firebricks would concentrate heat where it whouldnt be and damage the =finish and it wouldnt be covered under warranty

Star1021Scott

All I needed to know. Thanks for the info. I don't have temp swings so sounds like im good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jimsbarbecue

In fact a cooker that doesn't have temp swings. the fire bricks may actually be a bad thing. as they could upset the temp balance.

squirtthecat

I put a bunch in my MAK for a few overnight cooks last winter. Didn't make a bit of difference on the temperature variations or overall pellet usage. Just made it harder to vacuum out when I was done.

Now I just use them to weigh down the cover during storm season.. :D

Top Bottom