Mac and Cheese!

Big Poppa

Administrator
This is really easy and should be a must cook

You can use any recipe you want...

But I boiled the pasta to almost al dente...about 80% Drained and reserved with a couple pads of butter to keep from sticking You can use olive oil too...

In a saucepan I aded a quarter cup of flour, Three tables spoons of butter, 1/2 teaspoon of dry mustard and 1/2 teaspoon of Jeanies Pecan Smoked Salt, 1/4 tespoon of black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon of smoked paprika and ground chipotle. Melt the butter and combine the ingredients and stir constantly for about 4 minutes over medium heat until a nice roux....(just want it to get sort of gloden brown...if it gets dark brown you have burned it.)
fffaa98b.jpg

Stir in 2 1/2 cups of milk and stir constantly over medium heat for ten minutes
Now take your favorite cheese and grate it 3 cups worth...Go sharper rather than mild as it will be sort of bland if you just use generic cheddar....go crazy mix up 4 cheeses!

Fire up your smoker to 375

Pour cheese mix over the noodles and then put half in the pan that is ovenproof and sprinkle some more cheese that you grate and then pour the cheese sauce on top and put in the smoker for 30 minutes the top with a mixture of Chipotle and paprika Just a little
2b9faccf.jpg

Get ready to eat!
c27398bb.jpg

Now some fun variations....Bacon! crumble bacon in the cheese mix! Jalapenos...seed core and smoke ..then dice up into the mac and cheese....Crab....lobster....the world is your pasta shell!

ACW3

BP,
I had a variation on "gourmet" Mac and Cheese yesterday. It was Lobster Mac and Cheese, and was it ever good!!! In addition to the lobster (they didn't skimp on the lobster), they used fontina and jack cheeses. Really rich and really good.

Art

TentHunter

Oh yeah! Love me some Smoked Mac-n-Cheese!

Making the Béchamel first like that then incorporating the cheese makes it real smooth too. Looks wonderful!

Top Bottom