Grilling Temp (SOMEONE PLEASE HELP IM HUNGARY)

kmcgraw09

Can someone give me some grilling temp guidance.

I am a new pellet griller and was going over some of the recipes in the MAK cook book and need some clarification.

I tried a pork chop recipe. Which the instruction say to turn the temp to "HIGH" and pre heat for 10 min. This is where im confused because according to the 1 Star manual the High temp is 450-500 Deg.

I was watching the temp slowly raise and at the 10 min mark it was still under 200 Deg. Then the recipe instructions say to cook on HIGH for 10 min on each side.
500 Deg. just seems too hot.

I don't want to waste any food and haven't actually tried any of the recipes. I guess im looking for literal instructions on grilling on my MAK.

nepas

Can someone give me some grilling temp guidance.

I am a new pellet griller and was going over some of the recipes in the MAK cook book and need some clarification.

I tried a pork chop recipe. Which the instruction say to turn the temp to "HIGH" and pre heat for 10 min. This is where im confused because according to the 1 Star manual the High temp is 450-500 Deg.

I was watching the temp slowly raise and at the 10 min mark it was still under 200 Deg. Then the recipe instructions say to cook on HIGH for 10 min on each side.
500 Deg. just seems too hot.

I don't want to waste any food and haven't actually tried any of the recipes. I guess im looking for literal instructions on grilling on my MAK.

kmc

Set your controller to 300-325 and you will be fine.

MAK DADDY

It actually takes about 15 minutes to warm up with the new ignition timing. We will change that in the cook book.
Yes, I cook pork chops on high all the time for dinner :)

kmcgraw09

Thanks for the fast reply ! So to answer my question when the recipe says to heat grill for 10 minutes ....Your saying it doesn't matter what temp the grill is during the warm up when i place the food on the grill as long as its been the 10

or do I heat the grill to "400" then leave it at the "400" for 10 min to warm up then place food on.

MAK DADDY

Either way would work, don't over think the MAK it will turn out great food every time :) It would just take longer to cook if you put it on early but you will also get some more smoke on it. The meat probe is the perfect way to check when the food is done, I personally cook pork chops to 165 IT.

So the easy answer is let it get to 400 (or whatever temp you want to cook at) then throw on the food.

I just saw you are in Keizer, not to far from us :)

kmcgraw09

I was definitely over thinking it.

My brother works for you guys down there. He turned me on to MAK and I'm glad he did!

Top Bottom