STRUBE RANCH TEXAS WAGYU HAWAIIAN SKIRT STEAK W/Sticky Rice

Big Poppa

Administrator
Joy oh Joy I got a box of Strube Ranch Wagyu Beef!
I got some outside skirt steaks...So since skirt steaks like real high heat I broke out the Hasty Bake Gournet. LIt it and went to prep

Here are the Steaks trimmed
P1000846.jpg

the I tumbled them in the Marinade express for 20 minutes with Soy Vey Island Teryaki ( if you dont have this then put in a baggie witn the fridge for a day or so
P1000847.jpg

Then I hit it on one side with Big Poppa Double Secret Steak Rub and put on the very top shelf for five minutes with a handful of oak pellets
P1000848.jpg

I cookd them ther efor five minutes then raised the coals and seared moving frequently for a minute and half a side
P1000849.jpg

Let rest...is this the money shot?
P1000851.jpg

SLiced...Is this the Money shot?
P1000852.jpg

Then plated with some sticky rice and salad
P1000855.jpg

CarterQ

That looks awesome, skirt steak is great if you can find good quality stuff but I always seem to be in the hit or miss category with it.

TentHunter

Oh man, you know I'm a sucker for good caramelization. That looks perfect; nice and juicy!

In the past I haven't cared much for skirt steak, but this makes me want to give it another try.

ACW3

I love skirt steak. It is similar to flank steak but better tasting and more tender, IMO. I can't wait to return from our travels so I can fire up my MAK and cook something like a skirt steak. Thanks for the idea.

Art.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Tri tip is a thicker and leaner cut that skirt steak...I cook tri tip at a lower temp...love the flash heat of the hasty bake and the flavor of the pellets..

txpgapro

We cook about 40-50 pounds of skirt each week for fajita wraps at the golf course. Oh so tender. Topped with a little mango pica de gallo, and shredded cheese and you're good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom