6 lb brisket... need help

Patrick_CT

I am going to try cooking my first brisket tomorrow on my MAK... It is about 6lbs and I have no idea how long it should take.

I would love some help to make sure this goes well.

Thanks

sparky

set @ 225º. use some kind of glue and then your favorite rub. have a FT and let rub get some love. when done with beverage, put on a 1/2 rack w/ a pan of water underneath it. i cook fat cap down (that is where the heat is coming from and jim said that was the best way). once it hits the color you want or temp of 165º to 185º wrap with 2 layers of foil and some kind of liquid (whatever you would like) until it reaches 203º. wrap in towel and put in cooler. let sit 1-2 hours or until you get real hungry. enjoy.....;)

Patrick_CT

So I finished the brisket yesterday and we had it for dinner.. it was an experience.. but turned out great.
I seasoned it the night before with MAK mesquite seasoning and some Garlic Dude dust. used EVOO to hold it on.

th_BrisketPre.jpg

Used Bear Mountain Hickory pellets to give them a try.
Set the MAK to 250 since I got a late start and and this is for tonights dinner. Brisket put on at 8:30. We returned home around 1pm and the meat was about 165 with a nice bark. I foiled it in 2 layers and added some beef broth with dried Chipolte flakes.

4:30 IT was about 200 and the probe moved in and out like butter. Moved the foiled brisket into the warming tray and kicked up the temp on the MAK to 350 to cook some squash, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.

5:30 pulled everything off and we ate. I took no pictures of the rest of the dinner since we had a lot of people around the house. But here is the Brisket.

th_Brisketdone.jpg

This is not a common thing for my family to eat, but they all came back for more!

Top Bottom