Sweet & Spicy Mustard Chicken

TentHunter

with Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

This was a simple but very delicious way to cook the chicken.

Here goes...

Started by mixing some Yellow Mustard & Brown sugar together. Also made a spice rub mix of salt, granulated garlic, granulated onion & Chili powder.
MCHICK01.JPG

The backbone from the spatchcock chicken was tossed it in a small pan of water with a little sea salt & herbs to make a quick chicken stock for some rice.

Slathered the chicken with the sweetened mustard...
MCHICK02.JPG

Sprinkled the spice mixture all over...
MCHICK03.JPG

Then onto the 325° grill with the Bacon Wrapped Asparagus. Cherry Pellets for smoke.
MCHICK04.JPG

The chicken was pulled at 165° & the asparagus was brushed with some melted butter & Italian Dressing then pulled off.

The chicken had a beautiful amber/brown color and smelled wonderfully of mustard, chili powder & sweet smoke.
MCHICK05.JPG

MCHICK06.JPG

We used the chicken stock to make some Chicken & Herb flavored rice & served with the Chicken & Asparagus.
MCHICK07.JPG

Thanks!

Last edited:

sparky

chicken looks good. i want some. love the color of the chicken and the bacon asparagus is cool. the plate look tasty.

ht01us

Wow; that looks perfect. And a great job on carving the chicken.
Also, I love that you made up your own rub.

TentHunter

Thanks everyone!

Asparagus are one of the best grilled veggies.

I agree, especially this time of year. A customer at the computer shop stopped by to ask me if I wanted some, of course I said, "Sure!" He cut that asparagus fresh from his garden and brought it to me the very next morning so it was super fresh and tender beyond belief. There was none left at the end of dinner!

Top Bottom