Marinaded Pollo Fresco

smoker pete

Picked up a few Pollo Fresco to test 'Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade' and my new Marinade Express. I could have said 'Chicken Thighs' but 'Pollo Fresco" just sounds so much more exotic!! Poured in the marinade, Chicken Thighs, connected vacuum hose and put the Pollo Fresco under vacuum.

MarinadedThighs3.jpg

Tumbled the chicken for 20 minutes. Don't tell anyone but I actually read the directions :rolleyes:

MarinadedThighs4.jpg

Removed marinaded Pollo Fresco and placed in fridge for a couple hours until I was ready to cook them. I could have just taken them straight to the grill. I'm very impressed with how easy this tool was to use.

MarinadedThighs5.jpg

Pre-heated the MAK to 320ºF with American Broadleaf 60/40 Apple pellets and slapped the Chicken Thighs on until the Internal Temperature reaches 180º.

MarinadedThighs6.jpg

Took an hour and 10 minutes at 320º to reach an IT of 180º. This pile of Pollo Fresco only cost $6.30. You just can't beat that these days!! We'll be able to graze for a few meals/snacks. Leftovers will for sure be used to make a little Chicken Salad for lunch tomorrow.

MarinadedThighs8.jpg

The money $shot ... Marinaded Pollo Fresco with a light salad ...

MarinadedThighs9.jpg

My wife really enjoyed the results I achieved with the 'Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade'. I have been anxious to test out this marinade after learning that some of it's Accolades include 10x Grand Champion and winner of over 100 awards in the Chicken category. Besides, what better way to break in my Marinade Express. The combination of these two products was amazing. The depth of marinade and the exquisite flavors down to the bone tantalized my taste buds. Can't wait to marinade something else!!

CarterQ

Good looking chicken there. That SOW Marinade is awesome, give it whirl on fish you wont be disappointed.

smoker pete

Have to agree with you on the SOW marinade Deb and Carter. We did enjoy the results.

How long do you marinade fish with the SOW CarterQ?

TentHunter

Mmmm... Thighs, my favorite chicken piece, and those look great!

Actually that whole plate looks great, love the avocado :).

ht01us

Yum.
So far, I've made my own marinades and rubs; but I may need to try that Smoke On Wheels. Looks like a lot of folks here use it and the results look fantastic.

Top Bottom