Quick, informal poll; how to serve baby backs?

ht01us

I've got 6 slabs of ribs going on the MAK (7 meat eaters and 1 vegetarian).

Normally I cut the slabs into individual ribs and put them all on a platter. But, I'm considering cutting them into 3 or 4 rib hunks and serving that way?

What do y'all do?

Hobbit

I like to cut them into 2 or 3 rib chunks before serving. That seems to work well on the plate and cuts down on the number of trips back to the platter.

TentHunter

3 rib hunks look nice, but sometimes people eyes are bigger than their tummies and I see less wasted serving in 1 or two rib hunks.

Either way... serve them with lots of napkins Howard!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Individual ribs...the secret with serving ribs in a buffet is to put them last in the line...WHen you put them at the beginning people grab more than they can eat...when you put them on the end the plate is pretty full....learned that from Chris Lilly

ht01us

Individual ribs...the secret with serving ribs in a buffet is to put them last in the line...WHen you put them at the beginning people grab more than they can eat...when you put them on the end the plate is pretty full....learned that from Chris Lilly

Nice tip. Thanks Pops.

sparky

great idea. never thought of that. thanks for the tip. :) oh, i have cooked a rack or two of baby backs in my time. :cool:

ht01us

3 rib hunks look nice, but sometimes people eyes are bigger than their tummies and I see less wasted serving in 1 or two rib hunks.

Either way... serve them with lots of napkins Howard!

Good thoughts. We'll have a roll or two of paper towels on the table!

Top Bottom