My name is Eric, and I'm on the cusp of becoming a pellet smoker.

El Guapo

Hi, folks. I am currently doing as much research as I can on smokers, and I really like the idea of the convenience of the pellet units.

My whole experience with smoking consists of putting wood chips in the carcoal of my Weber. So, I am a complete neophyte in this realm.

Thanks for all the info on this forum. It has really helped me form a basis in deciding in which direction to go.

ACW3

Welcome from a satisfied pellet cooker, formerly a dedicated Weber Kettle user. Pellet cooking opened up a whole new way to think about cooking outside.

Art
(in North Carolina)

El Guapo

Thanks to everyone.

As you can imagine, my quest has taken me from charcoal units, to electric units, to propane units. Each has its pros and cons. The pellet system seems to solve many of the issues associated with each of these others. No one type is perfect, but the pellet system just seems to be the right fit for me, my style of cooking and my life.

Welcome to the forum Eric and while your doing your research take a good long look at the MAK 1&2 star.

The MAK is on my short list. I am down to three brands, and the MAK is one of those.

CarterQ

Welcome aboard Eric! Ask lots of questions and good luck on your quest to find the pellet cooker that fits you best.

TentHunter

Welcome from another dedicated Weber user who also pellet cooks!

The convenience of the pellet grills is great. I'm finding the cost of running my pellet cooker is very similar to what I was spending on charcoal, but with one major difference; A whole lot less ash to deal with. ;)

BBQ Joe

Great place to get the info you need. I read just about every thread on this site before I chose my MAK. Good luck and welcome.

Top Bottom