Prep for first pellet cook

SmokeAndSpice

I took a few photos while preparing for the inaugural cook with my new pellet cooker. Photos of the cooked/cooking meat are still in the camera.

Scheduled to arrive between 5 and 8pm, the truck was pulling away as I got home around 4pm. I unpacked it, made dinner, then set to the assembly task.

The next day I finished assembly and conducted the initial burn-off:

Then I got some items ready for cooking-- fajita (skirt steak), a small pork loin, and a few snacks (bacon-wrapped scotch egg, ABT, breakfast sausage):

CarterQ

Looks like you are hitting the ground running! Nice looking grill there, can't wait to see how the food turned out.

SmokeAndSpice

@BP: Food turned out good. It's clear though I need to make some adjustments in my cooking compared to my old ceramic cooker-- it took longer to get things done compared to what I'm used to. I think once I get temperature settings dialed in I'll be fine.

ht01us

@BP: Food turned out good. It's clear though I need to make some adjustments in my cooking compared to my old ceramic cooker-- it took longer to get things done compared to what I'm used to. I think once I get temperature settings dialed in I'll be fine.

My experience was exactly that; it takes a little bit of time to figure out the quirks of a new cooker. Then you turn the corner and you are Happy Street.

Top Bottom