Diving Right In

SisInLaw

I know very little of what I'm doing as I've spent my cooking life in the kitchen and not outdoors, but here goes my second foray into the wonderful world of pellet smoking:

Picked up a Costco beef ribeye roast:

IMG_1792.jpg

Seasoned it with Big Poppa's Desert Gold Beef Rub, some EVOO and glued it with Pam.

IMG_1793.jpg

Whipped up some ratatouille to stuff into some tomatoes. Chopped up red onion, red bell pepper, zucchini, EVOO, s & p and grilled it for 20 minutes or so. Then mixed this with a bit of balsamic vinegar, fresh basil and grated mozzarella cheese, stuffed it all into some big tomatoes and topped with Parmesan.

Also, I wanted to try some baked potatoes, Big Poppa style with just some EVOO and salt. They were fluffy and good.

IMG_1796.jpg

Smoked the beef (and potatoes) at 250 for about two and a half or three hours and it hits 135 degrees. Come to Mama!

IMG_1795.jpg

Plated. How'd I do?

IMG_1798.jpg

SisInLaw

Wow, thanks everyone. I can't hope to compete with you heavyweights but it sure is fun cooking out there.

Big Poppa

Administrator
i taught you everything you knew about cooking sice you were in braces.....You make a brother in law proud! Seriously superb cook

sparky

you go girlfriend. that looks outstanding. ya got to enter this stuff. i am so glad you got a pellet smoker. you have wanted one for along time. i am really glad your here cooking and having fun w/ us. cheers to ya (this is where you get a adult beverage of your choice (yesterday it was tequila out by the pull, ops, i mean pool) and have at it. that meal deserves a nice glass of red. ;)

SwineBrother

It looks fabulous! I appreciate the meal suggestion for this next weekend. Keep those beautiful photos and descriptions coming please!

SisInLaw

This forum has to have the kindest people ever! Thanks everyone. Cooking is such a blast in my family and the kitchen has long been the heart of the house. Over the years we've all gotten to cook together many fabulous meals, taking chances, tweaking recipes--fun! Now, Big Poppa has us all aimed in a different direction.

But how different? In the next couple of days I'm gonna try to smoke a sweet treat I've been hatching. It'll be a huge hit or a gigantic flop. And really, isn't that the challenge and the delight?

Top Bottom