Cleaning My Pellet Smoker

SisInLaw

I realize that turning it on makes the heat sort of sanitize the grates of the old food but still ... it's pretty dirty. Are there certain products or a system anyone can share for cleaning both the inside and the outside?

Bear

Heat it up, and scrape it off. What ever is still stuck, call it "seasoning".

Just don't forget to clean the grease tray first.

Rip

Check the underside of the lid for buildup, once you get enough gunk built up (and shut the lid firmly) it will start to flake off onto your food. If necessary, gently wire brush or scrape the underside of the lid.

smokinlobo

We've only had our Traeger for 2 years but we clean it like we clean
the charcoal grill.
As soon as it cools I vacuum it out then wipe everything down with
water that has some vinegar added to it.
This seems to keep everything relatively clean and ready for use.

Chuckster

I use a putty knife to scrape up ash and drippings on the bottom. Other than that I just "preheat" it and then use a grill brush on the grates. If the drip tray gets real dirty, I use the same putty knife on it. Everything else is like they say "seasoning".

SisInLaw

Thanks, guys. I brought the gunked up grates into the kitchen and soaked them, then scrubbed with a wire brush, then with a "scratchy" sponge. The end result was an absolutely filthy kitchen--it took me 45 minutes to wash it all down. In the end I got off about two layers of the 14 and that's it. Ruined my rubber gloves and had to throw the scratchy sponge away, haha. Finally I just sprayed Fantastic on the outside of the smoker and put everything back and sat down to have a drink. This made me not worry about it any more. Next time I get the urge to clean the grill--have a drink. See, I'm learning ....

txpgapro

Whenever I want the grates and defuser clean, I just throw them in the oven and turn on the self cleaning button. No mess, no warped parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom