Freezing Cooked Ribs

Carter13

I did a search and found nothing.
I vacuum pack and freeze non cooked ribs on a regular basis with great results.
I was wondering if anyone here has had good luck with freezing cooked ribs that are vacuum packed and reheating two weeks or more later?

squirtthecat

Yes, I do it a lot. They heat up fine and stay nice and moist. What I've found that works best is to heat them in the bag in a big pot of almost simmering water. (not boiling - or it will open up the seals on the bag and you'll have a mess!)

ACW3

I have vacuum sealed ribs when I cook too many (on purpose) and put them in the freezer. I have simply warmed them up on a tray in the regular oven at 200 degrees F. I check them to just get them hot enough to serve, not to overcook. I don't want to make them mushy and totally fall off the bone. So far this has worked for me. They don't stay in the freezer too long since they are now really easy to reheat and serve when I need a rib fix.

TentHunter

I know for a fact that pulled pork vac-packed & frozen is fine. I also see them being sold on websites & HSN and people buy them up so somebody thinks they're pretty good.

I bet yours will be better. I say give it a try and report the results back.

Carter13

Thanks for the replies guys.
Tent,
I vacuum pack my pulled pork and freeze and it works great. In fact I just did 9 lbs yesterday.
I just wasn't sure if the ribs would get funky because of the bone. I am cooking a slab later today and will freeze half to take on our camping trip next weekend. I will post the results.

SmokeAndSpice

When I have leftovers, I remove the meat, bag it, then freeze it. That way the bone and other undesirable parts don't take up space. The meat's great for making tacos, omelets, etc.

Top Bottom