Wacky Smokers 4 Cheese

nepas

My Lil'Tex and Bradley dont know what they wanna be anymore :D

Oh well be happy and be both ;D

X-Sharp. I wonder if my neighbor is all plugged up yet :D

Maple pellets being delivered from my transgender Lil'Tex to my transgender Bradley.
DSC01062.jpg

DSC01063.jpg

X-sharp before smoke.
DSC01061.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

Hobbit

What Sparky said. I can't wait for the finished pictures. How long should it take to cold smoke cheese?

ACW3

Having had the pleasure of tasting some of the famous Nepas smoked cheeses, I can attest that they will be great. Makes me want to smoke more cheese.

Rick, I want to get some of that Amish cheese when I visit in June. That is good cheese.

Art

nepas

Thanks

Art

I am going to Ephrata next week and i will pick you some Amish farmers cheese. Its cheaper to just buy the whole round.

Hobbit

I put 2 hours of smoke to the cheese. The pellets and chips produce a heavier smudge of smoke than the Bradley wood rounds.

I ran out of vac bags so i have been doing a 6 wrap of clear wrap around the cheese then taping the flaps and seam. The longer the cheese is in the fridge the better it will get. This wait period will mellow the smoke.

DSC01065.jpg

TentHunter

Mmmm good stuff! Extra sharp cheddar is one of my fav smoking cheeses.

The longer the cheese is in the fridge the better it will get. This wait period will mellow the smoke.

It's hard to resist eating a little bit right after smoking (I don't resist very well ;)), I enjoy the contrast, but Mmmm-mmm I do enjoy how it mellows with time.

Rip

Cheese I plan to eat right away does not get smoked as long as the rest and I grate it up. While not as mellow as aged, I find it milder than eating the 'full term smoked' cheese right away. I'm with you Tent, love smoked sharp cheddar.

KyNola

I have 9 pounds of cold smoked gouda and whte cheddar hibernating in the frig right now. About another week and they should be good to go.

Rick, I've said this to you many times... "You just ain't right!" :)

Top Bottom