Butts for the East Coast guys and gals.

sparky

this is dedicated to my east coast friends who have taught me a different way to cook and think about Qing.

ya'll know who i am talking about. you guys and gals have taught me alot and a different way to look at food when BBQing it. this is for ya'll.

i didn't start this without talking to squirt first. ya'll will figured it out soon.

P5200032.jpg

never used CT before. nepas told me to try it, he told me i would like it. he was right. i like it's color.
P5200036.jpg

squirt turned me on to Soileau's. i love it. it is good. theres something about it. oh ya, yummy.
P5200047.jpg

was it art or bent who turned me on to texas rub. i like it.
P5200040.jpg

P5200049.jpg

onto #63 @ 275º. 20 lbs of butts. never cooked this much before. it was fun.
P5200055.jpg

next morning. niceeeeee.
P5210066.jpg

after 14-15 hours @ 275º
P5210086.jpg

poured some of the kids beer on it and foiled per squirts instructions.
P5210088.jpg

into cooler for 2 hours. they were pulled and ate at the pool with chips.
this is what the hopper looked like after i put in a 20lb bag of pellets and cooked at 275º for 14 1/2 hours more or less.
P5210084.jpg

not much ash either.

just having fun.

Last edited:

ACW3

Getting ready for family and friends to visit our "B & B". I will have to fire up my MAK and start some butts sometime soon. I may try the new Yuengling Bock beer that I picked up in PA last week with the butts.

Art

TentHunter

Looking good Sparky... looking good!

Art, Yuengling beer is legendary around here. I know several folks who drive over the PA border to pick up a few cases. My younger brother used to bring it back from Pittsburgh when he'd come home from culinary school. Good stuff!

CarterQ

Way to break in the new addition, beautiful looking pork there Spark! Your kids have good taste, that Sierra Nevada Summerfest is one of my favs.

ACW3

Yeungling beer was originally brewed in Pottsville, PA, my hometown. Sad to say, I have never taken the brewery tour. This is on my bucket list of things to do. Now they do some of their brewing in FL.

Art

Top Bottom