Thinking about purchasing a Pellet grill/smoker....need advice please.

mlcoug

Should I go with the Green Mountain Grill or the Traeger Texas Grill...??? The GMC is a little cheaper and has upgraded specs over the Traeger but Traeger is the brand all my friends have or have heard about etc... Any advice for a potential newbie? Thank you.

Carter13

From what I read GMG seems to keep a more steady temp and like you said has more upgraded specs.
That said, if I were looking at the two I would go with a GMG but Traeger is great also.
Gotta agree with Sparky, go with the Mak 1 Star if you can go a bit more in price.

aks753

Yep, get the Mak 1. Just got mine Friday and made BBQ chicken Saturday pulled pork Sunday. It was perfect. Mak 1 is incredibly well USA made.

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK before you think my friends here are upselling you...Just about all of them started on a Traeger and then farily quickly moved up to one of the USA grills Mak or Memphis....If you know that you are serious about this sometimes the most expensive thing to do is start at entry level...

BBQ Joe

I took BP's advice and just got my 2 Star #426. Started online looking for a Traeger dealer and found that there were some better options out there. It is a major committment, but I did not want to be looking at a grill for the next several years wishing had purchased a better one. Just had my first cook last Friday. Three racks of baby backs. Turned out great! Followed alot of advice from members on this site. I did take pictures but am having camera-computer problems. I have several big cooks coming this weekend and can't wait to get going. Thanks BP for having this site, someone, maybe it was BP even returned a call on a Saturday from a Comp back in April! to answer a question I had, and to Jessie for the great service.

aks753

. Thanks BP for having this site, someone, maybe it was BP even returned a call on a Saturday from a Comp back in April! to answer a question I had, and to Jessie for the great service.

Agreed on the customer service, incredibly responsive (used it as a lesson for my 8 year old on the importance of customer service).

Rip

Agreed, BPS customer service (and involvement with their entire product line) is excellent!!

Hey Sparky, looks like you and aks753 are sharing a grill (MAK1 #63)

aks753

Agreed, BPS customer service (and involvement with their entire product line) is excellent!!

Hey Sparky, looks like you and aks753 are sharing a grill (MAK1 #63)

Tried to update my profile while at work, so I was off by a number, really is 64.

Top Bottom