Homemade Ciabatta BLTA's

Rip

We started out with a simple idea, make BLTA's. (The A is for avacado.) Then my wife decided to make Ciabatta bread for the BLT's...good thing it was still Saturday as this bread requires a 12+ hour rest period. We had used store bought before and loved it so we figured fresh baked would be even better. We started the bread Saturday night and by Sunday we were read to bake.

We made four loaves with the idea of getting two large sandwiches out of each loaf.

Here's one of the loaves on the MAK @425, takes about 15-20 minutes to bake...almost done.
IMG_2273sm.jpg

Here two of the four are done.
IMG_2277sm.jpg

When the bread was done we smoked some peppered bacon.
IMG_2283sm.jpg

Some of the bacon was then added to a pan of baked beans on the upper shelf of the MAK.
IMG_2284sm.jpg

The loaves were halved and toasted with butter, all ready to assemble! (The lettuce is from our garden, first crop of the season!)
IMG_2286sm.jpg

Sandwich number 1.
IMG_2287sm.jpg

Plated with some baked beans. (the flowers are from our garden, the Iris's just started blooming yesterday)
IMG_2293sm.jpg

Ciabatta bread is perfect for sandwiches, crispy outside crust, soft and chewy inside, lots of cavities to hold butter, mayonnaise, etc. and the bread doesn't get soggy. These turned out great! The baked beans were pretty tasty too. The bacon came from a small farm a few miles south of our house that markets their own swine and beef products.

Fresh strawberries, got to have dessert!
IMG_2295sm.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

ACW3

Rip,
What a way to start off my morning. That BLT looks great. Actually, everything looks great. I am off on some errands and I know that I will be making some BLTAs real soon. I'll just have to pick up a few things at the store on my way home. Thanks for the idea.

Art

Big Poppa

Administrator
YOur wife gets the credit if you win this week the bread looks great! (all of it does but love the homemade ciabatta)

Rip

Mmmm. looks really good!

If your wife doesn't mind, care to share the ciabatta recipe?

We found this recipe on Food.com: Ciabatta Italian Slipper Bread) Recipe - Food.com - 29100

We made a double batch, basically followed the recipe as is, except my wife measures her flour by weight (5oz = 1 cup), and a few minutes after the MAK reached 425, the bread went on (none of this 45 minutes to warm up stuff!) Ours cooked in less than the 20 minutes specified, typically they were each done in 15-16 minutes. This bread was awesome, highly recommended!!

Top Bottom