Victoria Day Weekend Feast Part 1

ITFD#15

So here in Canada we are having a long weekend and I think there is a rule that you must drink beer and BBQ on a long weekend.
Solo this weekend the menu 2.6lb Tbone steak, Shrimp, Lobster, Stewed tomato's and beans, Potato's and onions in foil, and fresh market bread....
The Steak
IMG_8849.jpg
[/IMG]
The marinate is olive oil, pressed garlic, Lea&Perrins, Pete's Firehouse BBQ Rub. Mix all the ingredient in a boil.
Then I place the steak in a freezer bag and add the marinate, seal it up. I like to keep the steak in the mixture for the day.
IMG_8850-1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_8851-1.jpg
[/IMG]

ITFD#15

Part 2

Next is the shrimp in SOW BBQ marinate and soaking the skewers. Sorry no pics
So the the steak has been marinating for most of the day and the traeger has been cleaned so now its time to prep potato's, and beans.
Potato's in foil are simple and I am sure everyone does them, slice potato's thin, slice red onion thin, add Parmesan. Mix in boil and place on foil and add some butter then seal up.
IMG_8854.jpg
[/IMG]
Next 2 cans of and 1 can of stewed tomato's spicy style. Had to do them on the stove cause I ran out of room.
IMG_8869.jpg
[/IMG]

TentHunter

That's one big steak can't wait to see it cooked up. Love foil pack taters - we do them while camping quite often.

Solo this weekend huh? Sounds like you have all the company you need with that steak, lobster & shrimp. Enjoy Victoria Day!

ITFD#15

Part 3

Well when you work this hard you have to take a break, so break it is....
Oysters with lemon and Tabasco of Franks and beer is like my most favorite sea food treat.
IMG_8870.jpg
[/IMG]
No rest, back to work the Traeger fired up and set to 225, the potato's on first to give then a head start and then the steak 1/2 hour later.
Just had to peek...
IMG_8858.jpg
[/IMG]
Flipped once and pulled at 140IT foiled and set aside while the SOW shrimp and lobster went on the Traeger.
Bumped temp up to 275
IMG_8864.jpg
[/IMG]
Finished in short order pulled and plated.
When I cut the steak I was a little disappointed, it seemed a little more done than I had expected. Hoping for a med rare but I think the time and foil brought it further than I expected, it looked like a lite med with nice color and tender to the cut.
Plated up
IMG_8866.jpg
[/IMG]
This is the first steak I have done on the traeger, I will admit that I did not think that anything could beat the charcoal steak...
I stand corrected this was one of the best steaks I have ever had, the meat was tender and cut with a fork and lots of juice and flavor..
This was one of the best meals I have produced on the pellet grill and I have made some great ribs but this West Grey Tbone was the best.
Note for future pull sooner and don't let it set as long.

Top Bottom