Which one?

Which One?

• Total voters

jstcynske

I have a feeling I already know which one will win this poll, but just curious what the numbers come in at. I am looking for my first Pellet grill, having a hard time picking one. Not sure if I should go all in and buy a $2000 plus grill, or start out with a mid price range grill and see what I think of it.

Buffalotom

How serious are you about cooking with pellets? I look at it as an investment. These are going to last a long time. Between that and peace of mind, with what is left, that is worth it's weight in gold. ;}

CarterQ

What about the other lines form MAK (1 star) and Memphis (Advantage and Select) that are a little cheaper as well? It all depends on how you plan to use it and what your expectations are. It has been stated a few times around here that sometimes the cheapest option is your most expensive. There are quite a few folks who got into pellet smoking on the "low" end only to upgrade to the higher end within a short amount of time.

Last edited:

Rip

What Carter said...I could have never, (sight and experience unseen), sold my wife on the idea of spending 2k on a style of cooking we had no experience with....so started off with a Traeger....four months later I sold it and bought a MAK2.

The poll needs a defined mission statement....best one may change depending on purpose....Sparky loves his MAK2, but his mission dictated adding two MAK1's instead of MAK2's.

My original mission statement might have read "try a proven pellet cooker with minimal outlay of funds"
I already knew if I liked pellet cooking, I'd end with a MP or MAK2...just couldn't justify starting there.

My 2 cents.... (given the choices above, MAK2)

Last edited:

Patrick_CT

I blindly made the leap into pellets a month ago and bought the 2 star... I kicked around the idea of the GMG but had a hard time finding a local dealer and I could not order online. .. .basically I refused to drive 2 hours + each way to look at a grill. Living in New England is not the ideal location for pellet grill shopping. I am a bit of a gadget guy so I liked the extra things to play with on the 2star. Since I got it I have loved the pellet boss and I use the warming tray more than I thought I would. I have not tried to cold smoke anything in it but it is a great place to hold the meat and keep plates warm.
My wife was actually the reason I splurged for the more expensive pellet grill... she knew that if I bought something cheaper I would have kicked myself for not getting the "ideal grill" and would eventually buy another one. Her words were: Consider this your fathers day/ bday/ xmas ... and whatever else gift, order it and stop talking about it... and cook me good food all year!"
She also thinks it is worth the money and has cooked on it twice already while I was at work.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Read Meatheads reviews at BBQ Ribs Recipes, Barbecue Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Baby Back Ribs, Barbecue Spare Ribs, Outdoor Cooking, Rating Barbecue Grills and Smokers Craig is unbiased and only cares about giving good advice.

As most of you kmow Im in the guitar business....IO get asked all the time which guitar to buy...I said if you know you are going to play for a long time it is always cheaper to buy the one you think you will end up with. The resale is not good on most imported grills....

Top Bottom