What's your go to........

CarterQ

BBQ Sauce?

I know we all love to play around with sauces, trying new things, doctoring up our favorites, but what are the sauces you always seem to find yourself coming back to?

For me I love the Big Bob Gibson's Red, it just works and the flavor profile goes with everything. Also Pepper Plant is awesome, a unique flavor that always gets compliments.

How about you?

jstcynske

Mine is Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey...Don't know what it is, but whenever I try something new, I end up back to SBR's honey.

Bear

I'm a Big Bob Gibson guy too. The Red is a "good on anything" kind of sauce, but for a pulled pork sammich, I like the Habenero.

scooter

Blues Hog
Big Butz (cranberry)
MAK Honey Stinger
MAK Rum

I mix the above in various percentages along with cider vinegar to get my perfect sauce that give me a great glossy shine on the finished product with balance between sweet, tart and heat.

Last edited:

cowgirl

I've been using a lot of Billy Sims Boot Kickin' sauce. Also have another favorite sent to me from Gerald at Three Rivers BBQ in Lexington South Carolina. I use it for a shrimp dip too. :)

SmokeAndSpice

For commercial sauces I like Super Smokers Tennessee Original. I'm not a big fan of sweet so this "thin and tangy" sauce is perfect for me. I think it works well with beef, pork, and chicken.

If we're talking homemade, for pork I really like a South Carolina style golden (mustard-based) vinegar sauce.

squirtthecat

Thanks S&S, I'll have to try that Tennessee Original sauce.. I looked at some at Schnuck's the other day. I just wish they didn't use those heavy glass bottles!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Here they are...
Blues hog ONLY as a small amount to mix

Head Country (wish it didnt have a little of liquid smoke)

Pepper Plant

Pepper Plant hahahah

Wee WIllies White Sauce

Love to cut all of them (except for wee willies white) with Texas Pepper Jelly.....I dont us the rib candy as much as some but love the jellies)

Big Moes I really love.

As a rule excep[t for head country I will not use any sauce that has added smoke flavor...that stuff is just vile.

nepas

Mine

Secret sauce.

DSC00973.jpg

SisInLaw

nepas send me some pleaseeeee!!!!

I love most all bbq sauces, especially home made ones.

Lately I'm into 17th Street BBQ Sauce and The Best BBQ Sauce You'll Ever Taste and of course Hot Squeeze. I used to make my own but there are such good ones out there ....

Hobbit

For me it is KC Masterpiece (original) for an off the shelf sauce. When I am not making my own sauces or rubs it is one one I use fir everything from French Fries to thinned with red wine vinegar for ribs. Like someone else said I keep trying different sauces and coming back to KC,

Top Bottom